Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-02-2012

Cannot stream Movies on iPad with LG app

I am having a LG N2R1 NAS at my place and I am able to load movies, songs, photos, etc to it with the help of one LG app. I am able to stream movies from my iPhone 4s without any problem. But when I try to do the same with my iPad then it shows me one error message as Movie is not compatible. This happens all the times when I try to stream. Do you have some idea that why this is happening to me. Also tell me, if you know some other better software for this. If yes then please let me know that. Thank you!!!
Old 15-02-2012

Re: Cannot stream Movies on iPad with LG app

Make sure that you are having proper connection to the internet and if there is problem with the internet connection then that will create problems like this. So this is the first thing that you need to check.
Old 15-02-2012

You can also make use of the Air Video for this. Air Video is program for the iPhone or iPod Touch that can stream your own videos allows the wireless network. In addition, the software offers the possibility of video into the appropriate format to convert.

Air Video allows you to stream videos for the iPhone or iPod Touch. This is a small program called "Air video streaming server" that is freely available on the Windows PC or Mac via the wireless network video directories. This supports the system in H.264 and MPEG4 video without DRM protection. If a video does not even exist in the appropriate format, it can be converted directly from the iPhone into one of the two supported formats. The mobile device performs the function of a remote control that manages the conversion tasks of the streaming server.
Old 15-02-2012

I am also agree that the Air Video will be the best option for you. I am also using the same and so I can say this with confidence. This application requires two installations. The one on your Mac or Windows PC and the other on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Installation and configuration are mostly amazingly simple, even if you have a router. The portion of Air Video that resides on your computer is actually a video server. You select the directory that will be sharing video, choose a password and once you are ready to put your own videos. On your mobile device, you must select your server and enter an access code.
Old 15-02-2012

If you want to see for some other app then you can also see for the StreamToMe. This can be considered as better alternative app for the Air Video. StreamToMe is one of the most popular apps when it comes to the issue of streaming on the iPad. To use StreamToMe can one needs the free server software ServeToMe . This is both for Mac and for PC. StreamToMe not only allows access to shared folder, but iTunes on the library.
Old 15-02-2012

I am having the PlugPlayer and that is working great for me. PlugPlayer is an iPhone application that lets you listen to music or watch videos stored on a UPnP multimedia server or a NAS. It can also turn the iPhone into a remote control and allow it to take control of a media player, it is possible to take control of another iPhone, iPod and even Windows Media Player on your computer. You may have a NAS at home or a UPnP media server running on your computer.
Old 16-02-2012

Yes, there are many of such applications available in the market but PlugPlayer will be the best option for you. For a direct reading on the iPhone and iPod, PlugPlayer supports audio and video files as follows:
  • Audio: AIFF, AIFC, WAVE, CAF, NeXT, ADTS, MPEG Audio Layer 3, AAC
  • Video:. Mov,. Mp4,. Mpv, .3 gp - H.264 (no b-frames) or MPEG-4
The implementation is straightforward, once the UPnP support enabled in your NAS, PlugPlayer will automatically detect your server and you can browse the media files in it.
Old 16-02-2012

You can go for anyone of the applications that are available but I bjust want to warn you about the Plex. I have personal experience with this and here are the issues when using Plex on Apple TV:
  • The "Local Servers" screen update only if you are up or down button on your remote.
  • Larger sections timing out when you try to load and it does not appear.
  • Only the video playback is currently supported (for now so no music, no graphics and no application-management).

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , ,