Thread: How to copy photos from iPad to my computer

How to copy photos from iPad to my computer

There are a lot of images on my brother’s iPad 1 which I wish to copy to my computer. I can see the photos in the photo app. I was trying to upload with the help of the preview but when I pressed the "upload from iPad" then it shows me the message that there is 0 items to upload. I was wondering that if I will have to register iPad with my computer. If you have some idea about this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this. Thank you!!!

Re: How to copy photos from iPad to my computer

First of all, connect the ipad with the computer like you connect any of the external devices. When you do that then it will come up as either iPad or a camera. Just go through the folders into that and locate the photos that you wish to copy. First, only copy the photos from the ipad to the computer and when you get that all the photos are copied to the computer without any problem then you can disconnect the ipad from your computer. This is the best way that I can recommend you.

First thing that you must ensure that, the ipad is unlocked when you connect it to the computer. If ipad is locked then you will not able to get to the photos. This is the most important thing to be considered.

I would like to tell you that you will only be able to import photos and videos which are taken with the integrated camera. It is not possible to import photos and video which are synced from iTunes. Other than this if you are running the Windows XP then it cannot import video files of size more than 500 MB with the help of the Scanner and Camera Wizard. You will be able to download these files openly from the device within My Computer. For this, just select and drag or copy the video files on your computer hard drive.

I was searching for the same and found that the content from the iTunes Store as well as App Store that is on your iOS device cannot be transferred automatically on your computer. If you want then you can make use of the Transfer Purchases within the iTunes to ensure the content from the iTunes Store as well as App Store is transferred into the iTunes library.

For transferring the purchases from iPad to a computer, you will have to authorize your computer before connecting. In order to authorize your computer, you will have to fillow the steps below.
    1. First open the iTunes.
    2. From Store menu, select Authorize Computer.
    3. From the dialog which comes after that, you will see Apple ID button is already selected by default.
    4. Type Apple ID and password and hit Allow button.