Thread: Which are the Video & Image formats that work on Nintendo 3Ds

Which are the Video & Image formats that work on Nintendo 3Ds

I purchased the Nintendo 3Ds. I want to know which video & Image formats can work in Nintendo 3Ds. I am not a regular user of hand held devices. I don’t have enough time to research about the formats working on Nintendo 3ds. It would be lot helpful if someone tells me in which format the videos & Image should be. I will directly download the specified content without having to experiment with various formats.

Re: Which are the Video & Image formats that work on Nintendo 3Ds

Jpg format works fine in Nintendo 3Ds. After some research with various image formats I found out about the formats that work in Nintendo 3Ds. The format for image that works best in Nintendo 3Ds is .mpo. If you want to upload the pictures on internet on websites like Flickr then you can convert them in your desired formats using StereoPhotoMaker. If you want to get an image in Nintendo 3Ds from any other source, like PC, you can use StereoPhotoMaker to convert them into .mpo format and then use it in Nintendo 3Ds.

Re: Which are the Video & Image formats that work on Nintendo 3Ds

If you want to put video in Nintendo 3Ds then only way to get video is from internet, transfer from another Nintendo 3Ds or put video on SD card or cartridge. The actual resolution available on Nintendo 3Ds is of 400 x 240. So for this format converting an h.264 to a format of 1mbps. Negotiations between Nintendo & Fuji are in progress to introduce .avi format in Nintendo 3Ds. Videos with frame rate of 60fps will also work. Mp4 also works fine in Nintendo 3ds. For audio files Mp3 & Aac formats are best.