Thread: Can I use old Nokia Charger with Nokia N9?

Can I use old Nokia Charger with Nokia N9?

I bought the Nokia N9 phone from UK and so that is having the UK style plug. As the USB plug uses 100-220 V, so I placed in the adapter there and that is working now. My old Nokia phone is also having the same micro-b USB post like the Nokia N9 but having 2 prong plug. When I looked to the specification then I found that the Nokia N9 charger output is 5V, 1A and the output of the old charger that I am having is 5V, 1200mA (1.2A). So I want to ask that if it will b possible to run the old Nokia Charger with the Nokia N9 without any problem. I don’t think that this will create some problem for the phone but then also I would like to confirm this from here.

Re: Can I use old Nokia Charger with Nokia N9?

If the voltage is same as the original charger of the Nokia N9 then there will be no problem to charge your N9 with that charger but yes, if there is some difference in the voltage of the charger then I will never recommend you to use that charger as this can also damage the phone permanently.

Yes, I also think that there will be no problem with this. There are more chances to have problem with the charger if the output is underpowered. In my case, I am charging mine with the 5V 2000mA (2A) charger and that is running really great.

If you have any such problem then you must make use of Universal Mobile Charger. You will get that easily on any of the mobile accessory shop. But there is one negative point with this and that is you will have to remove the battery from the phone every time you want to charge the battery. You can keep two batteries with you and use other one when charging the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjan1990 View Post
    If you have any such problem then you must make use of Universal Mobile Charger. You will get that easily on any of the mobile accessory shop. But there is one negative point with this and that is you will have to remove the battery from the phone every time you want to charge the battery. You can keep two batteries with you and use other one when charging the battery.
    I dont think that Universal Mobile Charger is the perfect answer for this question. There are also some charger extensions available and you can connect that with any of the charger. I am charging my phone in the same way from many days and that never made any problem for me. I hope that it will do the same for you.