Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Nokia N9 CardDav Support

Portable Devices

Old 15-02-2012

Nokia N9 CardDav Support

I donít know that how many of you know that the Nokia N9 comes with the CalDav support for the calendar. This is also having the support for the Activesync. This is the best thing because if some windows user wants to get the Nokia N9 then he will not have any problem to sync the contacts and calendar from Windows phone to the N9. I just wanted to share this information over here so that other people can be aware of this. If you have some other useful information on this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Old 15-02-2012

Re: Nokia N9 CardDav Support

Yes, this is good for the Windows phone users but for the Mac users, there is no such convenience of synchronization. If you are using the iCloud previously known as MobileMe, you will be able to sync your iCal to iCloud and after that put the CalDav to the Nokia N9 on the iCloud server. This is the simple solution for the Mac users.
Old 15-02-2012

There is one alternative way to sync the contacts. This can be done with the help of the google sync. In this method, you will have to sync Address Book to gmail and after that you will have to sync that back to the N9 with the help of the activesync which is also known as exchange server. Though there are many users who are really not happy with the activesync from gmail but as there is no other option then you will have to go with this method only and this is the only option left for you. I hope that this will be useful for some users to get the sync done without any issue.
Old 15-02-2012

If nokia can include the iSync plugin in their next firmware upgrade then that will really resolves the problem for many of the users. I hope that devs will get to this threads and we can get the iSync plugin in nest firmware update.
Old 15-02-2012

I am totally agreed with you that Nokia should come with some solution for this issue and considering the iSync with the Nokia N9. If they will not do that then Nokia will surely lose many of the users. This is really a very big disappointment that Nokia N9 is not able to sync with the Mac. I really hope that they will come up with some solution for this.
Old 15-02-2012

Having the support for the CardDAV is good but I will go with the SyncML but that is also missing from this. It will let us to decide that where I wish to store the data. This is not on the Google's or Facebook's servers. SyncML is better in sync. I have sync all the things in my 4 year old N95 without any problem.
Old 15-02-2012

You can sync the Nokia N9 with the iCloud's Calendar and if you want to do that then you will have to create the CalDAV account and this will use your AppleID username and password but within the server URL, you can use this.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,