Thread: want shortcuts on main screen of Google TV

want shortcuts on main screen of Google TV

I have a Google TV at my home. I really face lots of problem while placing the application or software on the main screen of the TV. Tried it lot of times but didn’t succeed. Anyone who have any idea about how to place the icons on the main screen in my Google TV? Please help me; I really need some appropriate suggestion which could be possibly easier for me. Will I have to get anything downloaded in order to get a solution?

Also let know any application that can help me knowing the system information of my device if possible?

Re: want shortcuts on main screen of Google TV

Yes you have got it right, you will have to download an application and then install it on you Google TV for this you need to first go to the android market from your web and then download an application called Desktop VisualizeR and then install it.

This Desktop VisualizeR makes shortcuts or widgets for our home screen. The special thing is that it makes those shortcuts and widgets with an image specified or the icon of another application for the Home screen.

Yeah even I would recommend you the Desktop VisualizeR, once you are done with the downloading of the application you will have to add the Desktop Visualizer widget. Once the widget is placed just click on the widget, after clicking you will be taken to the another screen where you can chose the image file you want to use and the application you want it to open up.

Then it will add an icon looking widget to your main screen. Now everything is ready for you, once you click on the icon it will open up the application which you will chose or select.

Hey my friend you want you can also go for another android application called Elixir. The most beneficial thing is that it can also typically include unit functions. It’s actually an system information application which helps you to get all the information regarding your device that too with highly configurable widgets. It displays the complete information of your devices as per your requirement.

I guess you won’t be getting the Desktop Visualizer application if you do not have the sideload apk. I have tried to make some themed launched pro apks after I got my updates. I would most probably not use a pink version on the TV as I already have a pink version on my phone.

Just for some extra information and for additional help, you can also download an image cropping application that would help you to crop those widget images which makes it impossible for you to know the exact size of that image.

If asked me then I would go for either DVRImageCrop or DVRImageSlicer. Both the apps are best at their places especially DVRImageCrop. I have DVRImageCrop installed in my system and I really like it. I purchased it from the android market. This application easily enables you to crop an image in a classic shape and also with rounded corners and etc. this DVRImageCrop is actually an add-on for Desktop VisualizeR(DVR). This add-on application has the ability to crop images at the maximum size to DVR. Also make sure that before you use this add-on you are suppose to run a DVRSizeConfigTool in order to get an accurate image size.

DVRImageSlicer is also an equal and best application when compared to DVRImageCrop. There is no such huge difference between these both applications as both of them are used for the same purpose and also both belongs to android.

Even DVRImageSlicer is a add-on for Desktop VisualizeR. For your desktop the required version is 1.1.3 or later. If you don’t want to purchase it, you can also get a free trial version.

For the usage of the Desktop VisualizeR:-
    • Home screen
    • Menu
    • Add ->Widgets or Shortcuts
    • Desktop VisualizeR