Thread: Nokia N8 plays only selective MKV files

Nokia N8 plays only selective MKV files

Guys my nokia N8 does plays a mkv files completely fine but sometimes it does play only with the audio and no video is played. Now why is that only selective mkv files do play in the nokia N8? Do you all have any thing to say about the same. is it the problem with the phone or something else, please let me know about it.

Re: Nokia N8 plays only selective MKV files

Quote Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
    Guys my nokia N8 does plays a mkv files completely fine but sometimes it does play only with the audio and no video is played. Now why is that only selective mkv files do play in the nokia N8? Do you all have any thing to say about the same. is it the problem with the phone or something else, please let me know about it.
    The framerate do differ for each and every file that’s what I know. so there is a possibility that particular framerate is supported by your phone and some are not. So there is every possible chance out there. First try finding out the framerate.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    The framerate do differ for each and every file that’s what I know. so there is a possibility that particular framerate is supported by your phone and some are not. So there is every possible chance out there. First try finding out the framerate.
    Ok then how would I be able to know what is the framerate of the file and how would I be able to change it, that’s what has confused me a lot? Please if you do have some idea about it then better share it with me that would be better.

Since I don’t have any idea as if how to change it. Waiting for the suggestions.

See let me clarify it for you. If you play any file then there is a video framerate as well as there is a separate audio wavelength as well. to know that right click on the file and go to properties. Now inside it details. Then you will get different sections see the video & bitrate section and check if the values are matching or not(with the one that is playing). If they are not matching then there is a possibility that your file might not display the video. So that’s why you will have to match the value and then only proceed ahead. That’s what I want to say here. I hope that was enough for you.

unsure Re: Nokia N8 plays only selective MKV files

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    See let me clarify it for you. If you play any file then there is a video framerate as well as there is a separate audio wavelength as well. to know that right click on the file and go to properties. Now inside it details. Then you will get different sections see the video & bitrate section and check if the values are matching or not(with the one that is playing). If they are not matching then there is a possibility that your file might not display the video. So that’s why you will have to match the value and then only proceed ahead. That’s what I want to say here. I hope that was enough for you.
    Ok thanks for the solution that you gave as per your instructions I did try what you had said and let me tell you that both the videos had the same resolution as well as the framerate as well. now what to do?

May be the video is encoded by some kind of codecs and hence that’s why it is giving you such kind of problem, well if you know how to re-encode them then you can better get started. Otherwise I don’t think so there is any other way by which you would be able to do it.

Yes if the video which is encoded by a particular codecs and if that codec it supported in your phone then only you can play that file in a proper manner. Otherwise there is no other way by which you can do that.

idea Re: Nokia N8 plays only selective MKV files

Well the problem that I found out is because of the version of mkv merge. Try missing the mkv file that is not playable in your phone with this new version which I have given here it will definitely solve your problem for sure.