Thread: DAB radio not working with Nokia N8(Symbian Belle)

DAB radio not working with Nokia N8(Symbian Belle)

Guys I am not able to use the DAB radio in my phone, after having updated my phone with the belle after that I am not able to use it at all. Now my device is appearing like a old device without dab radio my phone is really incomplete. I want it back, how should I go ahead with it?

Re: DAB radio not working with Nokia N8(Symbian Belle)

Well to fix up the issue you should get the Nokia DAB application from the ovi store, that’s how it is done. You don’t need to keep blaming the update for that problem, that’s what I am saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    Well to fix up the issue you should get the Nokia DAB application from the ovi store, that’s how it is done. You don’t need to keep blaming the update for that problem, that’s what I am saying here.
    Dude I cant even find it in the ovi store as well, it has become so difficult to find this application in the internet. I don’t know some unwanted sites that are offering this application but I am very scared to go with it since they would be very unsafe for the phone with the possibility of virus. That’s why I am not going ahead with it at all. Can you all give me any supportive link or an attachment from where I can download the file. So that’s what I am looking for. Do send me an update for this, it would be better.

Even I have this same problem the DAB radio is not there after the update. You wont trust these nokia guys anymore, yesterday only I had a message received from the nokia saying that my issue has been forwarded to the respective department and they are looking into my issue and asked me to be patient. How can I be? Their workaround is so slow.

Hello, I got an attachment for you. Here is the downloadable file for you. Do make sure that you download it and you will get the DAB radio back in your phone. that’s what I want to say here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am just wondering if there is any official fix for this problem or not. That would be interesting to know about. Do we have to convince ourselves with this attachment or nokia is thinking to include this radio in their next update?

Go to Nokia support

http://support.ovi.com/osc/en_GB/faq/FA137774_en_US

and this is the answer you get

The DAB app is unfortunately not available for Nokia Belle.

Thanks a lot Nokia for letting me waste my money on an expensive DAB Headset which used to work on my phone until I upgraded to Belle. but don't worry they have reinstated the FM radio that works with any headset appart from the DAB one. So much for customer care