Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

DAB radio not working with Nokia N8(Symbian Belle)

Portable Devices

Old 14-02-2012

DAB radio not working with Nokia N8(Symbian Belle)

Guys I am not able to use the DAB radio in my phone, after having updated my phone with the belle after that I am not able to use it at all. Now my device is appearing like a old device without dab radio my phone is really incomplete. I want it back, how should I go ahead with it?

Old 14-02-2012

Re: DAB radio not working with Nokia N8(Symbian Belle)

Well to fix up the issue you should get the Nokia DAB application from the ovi store, thatís how it is done. You donít need to keep blaming the update for that problem, thatís what I am saying here.
Old 14-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
Well to fix up the issue you should get the Nokia DAB application from the ovi store, thatís how it is done. You donít need to keep blaming the update for that problem, thatís what I am saying here.
Dude I cant even find it in the ovi store as well, it has become so difficult to find this application in the internet. I donít know some unwanted sites that are offering this application but I am very scared to go with it since they would be very unsafe for the phone with the possibility of virus. Thatís why I am not going ahead with it at all. Can you all give me any supportive link or an attachment from where I can download the file. So thatís what I am looking for. Do send me an update for this, it would be better.
Old 14-02-2012

Even I have this same problem the DAB radio is not there after the update. You wont trust these nokia guys anymore, yesterday only I had a message received from the nokia saying that my issue has been forwarded to the respective department and they are looking into my issue and asked me to be patient. How can I be? Their workaround is so slow.
Old 14-02-2012

Hello, I got an attachment for you. Here is the downloadable file for you. Do make sure that you download it and you will get the DAB radio back in your phone. thatís what I want to say here.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Nokia_DAB_Radio_v2_5_19.rar (820.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 14-02-2012

I am just wondering if there is any official fix for this problem or not. That would be interesting to know about. Do we have to convince ourselves with this attachment or nokia is thinking to include this radio in their next update?
Old 03-03-2012

Go to Nokia support

http://support.ovi.com/osc/en_GB/faq/FA137774_en_US

and this is the answer you get

The DAB app is unfortunately not available for Nokia Belle.

Thanks a lot Nokia for letting me waste my money on an expensive DAB Headset which used to work on my phone until I upgraded to Belle. but don't worry they have reinstated the FM radio that works with any headset appart from the DAB one. So much for customer care

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,