Thread: Logitech is now testing the 3.1 updates

Logitech is now testing the 3.1 updates

I recently read an article on web regarding the testing and the working of the Google TV 3.1 updates, it has been said that Logitech is now testing and working on the new update of Google TV and also they are working with the in-house developers in order to prepare a suite of applications for their users.

We all know that Google TV has already received the finished honeycomb updates from google. I am not sure with any of the news but anyhow it sounds interesting. My only question is the developers really planning to add some more applications in the 3.1 update?

Re: Logitech is now testing the 3.1 updates

Google already announced that the applications would be coming to Google TV with the reset that will bring the Honeycomb 3.1 to the market. Also Google went to some of the developers to invite them for the making and the development of the beta software under the project called “Fishtank”. After this within these recent few days there have been indications of the progression based on the appearance of the device listings in the program for the Google TV devices under the Android market’s setting menu. The only thing left now is the implemention of the the applications in the devices as yet they have not been sent to any of the device.

The execution of the earlier Google TV versions was best but yet not so impressive and also they failed to meet up the primary expectations. Like Apple TV, Google TV has not been given rights to access their own respective OS’s which where the best and popular OS’s in the market at their places.

I guess the CEO has already stated that due to the irregular supply of the of the HC updates to the Logitech the revue was forced to face the consequences which created a major problem. in order to just influence their option based compensation the corporate executive in the US make strong speeches. So definitely based on those stock options that have maximum value, the updates will be released on the same day.

I have bought the revue W/cam recently but not yet opened the package. The only reason for doing such thing is that too see whether the revue update is real and also whether it is capable of improving the device up to the mark. I also have a Viewsonic GTab with me at my place and I am worried about it as the same kind of thing has happened with it that the revue experienced. I hope that the Logitech will somehow open up the bootloader in this GTab device unless the update is the last support that could be possibly seen from Logitech.

I guess everyone is aware of the thing that in order to send messages to the companies & then force those to take proper measures and action when customers are not satisfied or unhappy with the product by using most of the class action litigation as a tool whether it be software or hardware related issues.

I just wanted to request Logitech to release the Honeycomb updates soon as possible and enough doing with the testing. If not the complete update at I would request them to release the RTM build to few of the user to the beta test.