Thread: unable to play videos on Nokia n9

unable to play videos on Nokia n9

In my Nokia N9 mobile phone I am facing annoying problem. I am not able to play videos in my mobile phone. Whenever I try to play video in my mobile phone at that time I get “can't play video because that's a wrong format”. How to solve this problem?

Re: unable to play videos on Nokia n9

Normally this problem occurs when you are trying to play videos which mobile phone does not support. I will suggest you that before you try to play videos in your Nokia N9 you should check on the internet about which format will support in your phone. this will be helpful for you to get rid of this problem.

As far as I know Nokia N9 can play MPEG-4, VC-1, WMV 9, XVID, 3GPP formats (H.263), ASF, AVI, Flash Video but it will only able to play .mp4 and .mkv Wirth h264 codecs. If the video which you are trying to play is in different format then you have to download video converter software from internet and after downloading that in your computer you have to convert the video in the format which your mobile phone support. After converting the videos you will not face any problem while playing videos in mobile phone.

You should download Allok video converter from internet.

Well after reading your solution I have convert the videos and after converting the video when I try to play that ion my mobile phone at that time get same problem. I have tried many different videos with different format but that also gives me same problem. Now what should I do?

If above solution does not help you then you should try to solve this problem by resetting your mobile phone and if resetting the Nokia N9 does not solve this problem then you have to contact Nokia support and tell them about your video related problem. after that they will provide you solution.