Thread: how to prevent Nokia belle from scanning when the wifi is turned off

how to prevent Nokia belle from scanning when the wifi is turned off

I have recently purchased Nokia N8 and upgraded Nokia Anna to Nokia Belle. When I enable my Wifi on it always scans the available networks for no reason and drains the battery completely. In Symbian Anna there was a setting in which you can disable the scanning process. What should I do? Is there any solution that will solve my problem? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

re: how to prevent Nokia belle from scanning when the wifi is turned off

I am facing almost the same problem. My Nokia N8 has always WLAN enabled because I need to check my mails frequently, so no point in turning it off. On belle it is always on and eats out major portion of the battery. Yesterday I charged my battery full but after 2 hours I saw my battery is completely drained. It was very annoying for me. Any solution??

I will suggest you that if you are using wireless widget on your home screen the auto scanning will be always be enable. And will eventually drain your battery. You should not add wireless widget on your home screen and leave the Wifi enable, it will work as same as it was working with your Symbian Anna. It will disable the scanning process. It will scan and connect when connection needs to be connected, if not it will remain off.

Nokia is the only manufacturer to have a feature in which disable any connection whether it be mobile or wireless connection. We can easily disable it from status bar. There is an advantage that if you cannot afford 3G or GPRS. You can enable the wireless option and use to browse anything you want.