Thread: Which laptop will you suggest ?

Which laptop will you suggest ?

Hello
    I received an email from my friend, he is MBBS student and looking to buy a laptop, it will be used for surfing internet, studies, microsoft office word and excel and entertainment (music, movies and flash games)

Which one do you suggest.
    1. HP dv6t quad edition (any difference3 between 6t and 7t except size?)

2. HP envy 15 series (any difference between 15 and 17 series except size?)

3. Sony vaio s series

4. Dell XPSz 15

5. Dell XPS 15

What is difference between dell xps 15 and 15z ??
    Which one is best among above ?

Re: Which laptop will you suggest ?

I think that getting the Dell XPS 15 will be better than the XPS 15z. Dell XPS 15 is having better display as compared to the XPS 15z, it will give more accurate color reproduction and the much wider range of colors.

I will suggest you to purchase Sony vaio s series laptop. You should buy Sony VPCSB37GG/S laptop. It contains Intel Core i5-2520M processor 2.50 GHz and turbo boost up to 3.20 GHz. It offers you Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. It has a feature called Dynamic Hybrid Graphics System for Stamina mode and Speed Mode. It comes in vibrant colors such as grey, blue, black, green, it is very lightweight so you can easily carry it and it is very flat. It has Magnesium cover and body. It has backlit keyboard for a better use. It has HDMI output which allows you digitally output movies and music in your Television which supports HDMI. It will cost you only Rs 62,990, it is worth of that money.

I think Sony VIOS is great if you are ready to spend money or else look for some HP ones in the high performance category. The laptop like

• HP envy 15 series
    • Dell XPSz 15
    • Dell XPS 15
    • Sony vaio s series

Are the best but bit little expensive. I suggest you to go to the HP's official eBay store and get the refurbish laptop from there. It’s not bad, one of my friend just got form there and he is happy with the performance

From all the above laptops according to me Dell XPSz 15 is better. The Dell XPSz 15 is extremely thin. It is also having a powerful CPU and a midrange GPU. It is also having backlit keyboard with a 1080p display. It is also having a long battery life and a superior GPU. The bad thing is it is not thinner that the 15-inch MacBook Pro. It is also claimed to be the thinnest Windows laptop, the Dell XPS 15z is with a reasonable price of $999.

The price of XPS 15 Laptop is around Rs.51,900. And the price of Dell XPS 15z is around 73,900 it has Laptop has 1.3MP HD with dual array digital microphones. Dell XPS 15 Laptop has 2.0MP HD with single digital mic (H.264).Dell XPS 15 Laptop has WiDi feature. Dell XPS 15z Laptop does not have WiDi feature. The performance of Dell XPS 15z is better than the Dell XPS 15.

I would like to go with Dell XPS 15 because is a multimedia notebook in the premium class, The Dell XPS 15 inch casing has a very good quality, and especially enjoys an excellent audio system. The notebook is equipped with a processor Intel Core i5-460M 2.53 GHz and 4 GB of RAM. This configuration gives a good performance. It is possible to cope with most tasks. As for the graphics of games, the graphics card Nvidia GeForce GT 420M will cope with almost all modern games. Below are the specification of this laptop:

* Processor - Intel Core i5 460M (3 MB cache, 2.53 GHz);
    * Monitor - glossy LED-backlit 15.6 inch, 1366 x 768;
    * Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GT420M with a GDDR3;
    * OS - Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit);
    * RAM - 6 GB DDR3;
    * Winchester - 500 GB 7200 rpm / min (Seagate Momentus 7200.4);
    * Networking - Gigabit Realtek Ethernet and Wi-Fi Intel 1000 802.11 b / g / n;
    * Bluetooth 3.0;
    * Dimensions: 37.5 x 26 x 4 cm;

Sony series laptops are pretty good in the Indian market to be choosen. Dell on the other hand are the worst. Most of the laptops from dell are factory locked where you need to get the BIOS Password for a charge, which I personally think is a very bad pratice by them. I checked the HP dv6t quad edition laptop and it seems quite good. It has the latest Intel 2nd Gen core i7 processor, 6GB of memory and a 750GB hard drive, good graphics and standard onbaord wlan connection, price somewhat very costly though, @ $849.99.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

As you are looking for a laptop to for using MS office and surfing internet i will suggest you to buy Dell XPS 15 laptop. it has Intel Core i5 CPU, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT420M graphics. it has 15.6 inch display. this is very nice notebook with Metal Finish Lid and Full HD REG_LED Backlit Displayit(optional). it will coast around 51,000 INR.