Thread: BlackBerry 9700 MEP code error, cannot unlock

BlackBerry 9700 MEP code error, cannot unlock

Yesterday I have got the MEP code from my network operator (carrier). I wanted to unlock the phone in order to use it on GSM network. So I have followed the procedure that is given by the carrier to unlock but unfortunately it shows me "code error" and title says 0 codes left. I didn’t get it what the problem is. I heard that there is ROM boot available which will help us to MEP but I didn’t find anything for this phone. The existing ROMs are available for older BB phones. What can I do now?

Re: BlackBerry 9700 MEP code error, cannot unlock

I have solution for those who are getting the MEP code error saying that 0 left in his Blackberry phone. To enter the code:
    • First of all install the black berry desktop manager on your computer. You can download it free from the Blackberry official site.
    • Nest thing is to launch that program and connect the phone.
    • Now it shows booting ROM and phone will ask for unlock code but not the MEP code. If there is no phone code, then the desktop manager start updating the ROM automatically.
    • After complete the phone will reboot and MEP code title show you as 10 left.

I didn’t get any kind of issues while unlocking a BB 9700. I successfully unlocked the phone using the MEP code and now it can operate on any SIM card. If the give unlock or MEP code is not working, then you can buy the code from somewhere else. They are not expensive and work fine. Otherwise you can look for any free tools for flashing ROM and update it with a new one.

In order to unlock the Blackberry phone, you should consider following things first.
    • Make sure that you have inserted the SIM card.
    • There are actually 2 unlock codes and you will need both (Mep and SP Codes)

1. Now to unlock Go to settings>options> advanced options> sim card and there Type MEPD.
    2. While typing in MEP4, make sure that you are holding the ALT Key
    3. Now the phone will ask for you to "Enter Network MEP Code”. There type in the unlock code, press trackball to confirm. That’s it, your phone is unlocked now.

As far as I know that you have to buy the mep code. Where you buy is depends on what carrier you own. Otherwise you can buy the code from any mobile shop or websites. From online sites you can get the mep code within few minutes. In my case I am using this phone on Vodafone network. If yours also the same, then open the Vodafone unlock page and Blackberry's IMEI there. Fill all the details needed in the Service Difficulties form if there is no IMEI on phone. Within few days it will be added manually.