Thread: Can we use Dual Monitor with Lenovo T60?

Can we use Dual Monitor with Lenovo T60?

I am not sure but I have heard it many times that people use dual monitors connecting to their system. But till now I have never seen such thing happening nor does I tried it anywhere, but now willing to try it with my T60 laptop. Now before trying it out I just wanted to confirm whether it is possible to connect dual monitor to a laptop especially a Lenovo T60 laptop.

My friends told me that if I connect a dual monitor to my laptop then I will unable to view both my own laptop’s screen as well as the external monitor. Is it true? Also one of my friends when connected the dual monitor his Fn+F7 stopped working, any suggestion for him. He already tried to reinstall all the Lenovo Thinkvantage features which possible made things worked, but only for once later on thing came back to its original place.

Re: Can we use Dual Monitor with Lenovo T60?

Sorry for these queries but I can help you only after you get some more information regarding your system. Actually the problem is that the external monitor support also depends upon the type of monitor you connect, larger the monitor higher are the possibility of the issue to occur. So please let me know what size of external monitor you are about to use. Also let me know which cable you prefer to connect those devices, I mean to say that whether you are going to use a VGA cable or else a DVI cable. And at last just let us know the Operating system running in your laptop which is very much important for me to get you an appropriate solution.

Re: Can we use Dual Monitor with Lenovo T60?

Let me first clear your doubt. There are many people who connect multiple monitors to their system no matter they have a computer or a laptop. Even your Lenovo T60 will possibly able to get connect to dual monitors without any issue until you have enough capability to support them. I can help you out with the steps, just follow the steps as I mention below:

• Go to Start > setting > control panel
    • Select Power Options then click advanced
    • Look for when close the lid of my portable computer
    • Then scroll down and select DO NOTHING

Also go to display properties setting then select IDENTIFY which you want to Use as default.