Thread: Lenovo T61 battery unable to recharge after it got soaked

Lenovo T61 battery unable to recharge after it got soaked

Unfortunately due to some minor mistake committed by me I ended up gaining a huge loss I guess. Today morning when I having my Tea sitting in front of my T61 thinkpad, unfortunately I dropped the tea onto my laptop. Believing that it was just a minor issue I switched off the system and removed the battery out of it. But later on after starting the system again everything worked fine.

But then I noticed a minor issue, I was unable to recharge the battery. First I thought that the battery drowned so I bought a new battery but even that didn’t work. Still the new battery is unable to get the charge. If I am not mistaken I guess the issue is with some other hardware part but I am unable to get it. So please anyone here who can let me know the exact cause why I am unable to recharge my battery?

Re: Lenovo T61 battery unable to recharge after it got soaked

Most probably I think your tea has defect the fuse. Also the possibility is that you have blown one of the power transistors around inside the battery area by dropping the tea on it. I also feel that the Tea was the major reason for such a huge disaster on your laptop, I mean to say that if you are aware Tea is a good conductive and Acidic which can easily defect any hardware peripherals.

Yes even I agree with what has been said in the above post. Tea is the major cause of the problem which has blown up you power transistor. Anyways the alternate solution which according to me is the only solution for your issue is System board replacement. Yes unfortunately if the cause of your problem is exactly what has been detected then you will surely have to replace the whole system board which in turn will cost you a huge amount.

But you need not have to worry the problem like such can also be easily fixed without spending that huge amount. You can get your board replaced with a cheaper amount until your board is not unique and different as compared to the other system board because as it is replacing the system board on a component level is not a simple thing.

So you need not have to worry, I have helped most of my friends regarding the same replacement issue with a cost effective amount. Amongst all of them few had this board failure issue due to the nVidia failure. But anyways everything ends up at the same point i.e. replacement of the board. If you really wanted to get it replaced and need my help then do reply, waiting for your reply.