Thread: How to adjust the maximum brightness on Lenovo T43

How to adjust the maximum brightness on Lenovo T43

Hey friends please help me out. I know the question I am going to ask is too silly but trust me I am completely null with regards to computer technical knowledge. I recently bought a new Lenovo thinkpad T43. This is the first time I am using a laptop, I have not even used a computer before this. When I started the system the first thing that disturbed me was the brightness of the screen. But I somehow need to set the brightness of the screen to 5 or below this as per my requirement. Can anyone help me out how can I adjust the brightness of the T43?

Re: How to adjust the maximum brightness on Lenovo T43

The first thing you need to do is to examine your keyboard and located the Fn key in blue color and also all the other keys that have a function and a blue color identification same as the Fn button. If you can notice, most of them are small ideograms that represent a function.

I am sure you can get some of the functions easily without facing any problem but there are certain functions which are difficult to identify and for that you will need a manual to identify them. Amongst them find the key which controls your display brightness. For your convenience let me tell you that these keys are located to the upper right corner.

In order to increase the brightness you need to share Home Key and if you need to decrease the brightness you will have to share the End key which is obviously just below the Home Key.

Now what exactly you need to do is to hold and press the Fn key, while you keep pressing the Fn key along with that you will have to press either the Home button or else the End button as per your requirement of the brightness. Once you press the key combination you well get to see a green graphic display that is appeared on the screen which actually shows you the slider that indicates where exactly your brightness scale lies. Once you are done with the brightness just release the Fn key, everything will be done and set.