Thread: Is SSD 1.8 compatible with Lenovo T61 Intel Turbo Memory slot

Is SSD 1.8 compatible with Lenovo T61 Intel Turbo Memory slot

This question is revolving around my mind from last 2 weeks but didn’t get the answer till now. Can anyone tell me whether the SSD 1.8 is compatible with the Intel Turbo Memory Slot of Lenovo T61?

I own a Lenovo T61 from past 1 year now the problem is that I think the Turbo memory which I am having is out dated, so now I am planning to insert a SSD 1.8” into the Turbo Memory slot. If I am not mistaken the Turbo memory slot is somewhere beneath the keyboard panel. When checked both the specification both the interfaces were SATA type.

Re: Is SSD 1.8 compatible with Lenovo T61 Intel Turbo Memory slot

I think the SSD 1.8 is compatible with the Intel Turbo Memory Slot of Lenovo T61. My reason is that according to me I feel that the Turbo Memory slot which is present in the T61 is most probably closer to the MiniPCIe-type interface than that the SATA connector used by 1.8" hard disk drives.

If I am not mistaken let me tell you that according to me it is the mSATA drive which you are in search of. And this drive has to be supported by your system. We all know that we cannot install a SATA drive in any other system like PATA system. Some Laptops models like W520/T520 do supports mSATA and also other models of W/T series do support this drive but your Laptop i.e. T61 do not support such things. If you desperately need to install SATA drive then better go and get the compatible system.

The best option I can suggest you is to install a SATA drive keeping it as a primary HDD, you can also install a second Platter drive if you need more storage. And if you need a full SATA2 speed then you will have to modify the BIOS.

Let me tell you something, first of all the Intel Turbo Memory slot which you have mentioned is a MiniPCIexpress slot and not a SATA so you cannot install a hard drive. The drives for miniPCle are made but they are only supported if you have a W and T520/T420 series, having T500 and T510 series won’t work anyhow.