Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iPhone 4 not starting up even when the battery is connected

Portable Devices

Old 12-02-2012

iPhone 4 not starting up even when the battery is connected

hello everyone, my iPhone has been water damaged. Since then it is giving me lots of problems I know I am the only culprit over here but I tried doing some rescue work for it as well. but nothing is working. My phone is not getting started up only. I replaced the coil right next to the power IC plug looking to drive some power that is there in the battery but my phone is not started up, it means there is no drawing of power. On checking the resistance of the battery, it shows resistance between battery + and - and its 0 ohms. Its really depressing to see my iPhone giving such kind of results. Any response that you al have for me then please do share it with me.

Old 12-02-2012

Re: iPhone 4 not starting up even when the battery is connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi.B@yZ View Post
hello everyone, my iPhone has been water damaged. Since then it is giving me lots of problems I know I am the only culprit over here but I tried doing some rescue work for it as well. but nothing is working. My phone is not getting started up only. I replaced the coil right next to the power IC plug looking to drive some power that is there in the battery but my phone is not started up, it means there is no drawing of power. On checking the resistance of the battery, it shows resistance between battery + and - and its 0 ohms. Its really depressing to see my iPhone giving such kind of results. Any response that you al have for me then please do share it with me.
To just check what is shorting you will have to connect a charged battery or with charger and check entire board if some component is heating or not. I think thatís when you will get a fair amount of idea whats wrong. I hope thatís clear for you.
Old 12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
To just check what is shorting you will have to connect a charged battery or with charger and check entire board if some component is heating or not. I think that’s when you will get a fair amount of idea whats wrong. I hope that’s clear for you.
Hey dude that was a very interesting solution from your side, all I want to say is that I did place the battery and got to know that a small cap was burning so i removed it. Now it is working fine now and I am happy that my iPhone is working. Now still I have a small problem in my iPhone it is getting started up but on starting it up it shows ‘it says no service searching and unknown imei and unknown iccid’, now what is this, how to get rid out of this?
Old 12-02-2012

Check for the 2 black filters and find if they are missing or damaged or not. Thatís what you should look at. If you find it damaged then replace it, so thatís what you should be doing.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,