Thread: How to differentiate the batteries of iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS?

How to differentiate the batteries of iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS?

I had given my phone iPhone 3GS to one of my friend for just playing purpose and it seems he has made some mess out of it. See what he has done is that he opened up the phone and removed the battery. In the process he mixed up the batteries of his phone and mine. His phone is iPhone 3G and mine is 3GS. Now he is not able to classify the batteries i.e. which one belongs to 3G and which one to 3GS. So I just want to know how can I identify that which battery belongs to iPhone 3G and which to iPhone 3GS? Can you all please tell me how to differentiate between the batteries of both the phones. Your help would be much appreciated from my side that’s what I can say here.

Re: How to differentiate the batteries of iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS?

Quote Originally Posted by BluFFMast.ER View Post
    I had given my phone iPhone 3GS to one of my friend for just playing purpose and it seems he has made some mess out of it. See what he has done is that he opened up the phone and removed the battery. In the process he mixed up the batteries of his phone and mine. His phone is iPhone 3G and mine is 3GS. Now he is not able to classify the batteries i.e. which one belongs to 3G and which one to 3GS. So I just want to know how can I identify that which battery belongs to iPhone 3G and which to iPhone 3GS? Can you all please tell me how to differentiate between the batteries of both the phones. Your help would be much appreciated from my side that’s what I can say here.
    Look closely you will find the apn number of the battery and the apn number of the iPhone 3G is 616-0366 and that of iPhone 3GS is 616-0433. So now I think so it would be easy for you to classify the battery between these phones.

Quote Originally Posted by HankH View Post
    Look closely you will find the apn number of the battery and the apn number of the iPhone 3G is 616-0366 and that of iPhone 3GS is 616-0433. So now I think so it would be easy for you to classify the battery between these phones.
    No I don’t think so that is the right way to classify it since I am using iPhone 3GS and I am having the apn as 616-0435. So what do you want to say about this?

Well there is a easy way to classify it, so here is how you can differentiate it, lets keep it this way
    if you have apn as 616 - 04xx its for 3Gs
    if you have apn as 616 - 03xx its for 3G

I think this would be the perfect way to classify it.

Actually the battery marked with 3.7V is for iPhone 3Gwhile the battery marked with 3.7V 4.51Whr is for iPhone 3GS. I think that’s what I found the difference over here. so you could take these as a parameter to differentiate the battery of these 2 phones. I hope I am clear this time.