Thread: GPS not working in Lenovo Ideapad A1 Tablet

GPS not working in Lenovo Ideapad A1 Tablet

As I have recently bought Lenovo Ideapad A1 Tablet, but the thing is that when trying to us the GPS for the navigation it shows me the error message that it was unable to find the location. So would like to know that is the problem with all the tabs or is only with me. And how can I fix the issue for this.

Re: GPS not working in Lenovo Ideapad A1 Tablet

If you the GPS if not functioning well in the Lenovo Ideapad A1 Tablet then for this you can download the app called gpscompass which will show you how many satellites your GPS is reading. As doing this it will let you search the satellite search fast as when tired with on my A1 it showed me 6 satellites.

For this if your Ideapad A1 takes much more time for searching satellite then my advice to you is that try to upgrade your tab with the latest ROM and after see that whether it is able to search satellites within shorter period of time or not. Also make sure that you reboot the device after an upgrade.

According to me what the reason for this issue is due to stock application is not able to gather location and store it. So when you start GPS on your A1 tab every time it starts collecting information regarding location from beginning for which it takes much more time. So for this I have downloaded the application and after which it stores all the location in one folder so next time when started the application it is ready to locate directly and does not take time for searching location.

For this issue I contacted to the Lenovo support care and got the device replaced but when trying to access the GPS it still shows the same issue and don’t know what should I do about this.