Thread: Display and Wifi connectivity not proper in Lenovo Edge 13"

Display and Wifi connectivity not proper in Lenovo Edge 13"

Right now I am facing multiple issues with my Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 13”. I bought it some 1 year ago but from then onward the issues kept on increasing one after the other and I have got solution for none of the problems. The present condition is that now the thinkpad is filled with number of issues.

The most irritating and the major issues I am currently facing are as following:
    • Suddenly the contrast of the display goes up and rises too high and when tried to change the setting, it shows no difference including if the brightness changed.
    • The WiFi connectivity is too weak. First of all it does not connects and even if it gets connect, it easily and suddenly drops down whenever try to use the bandwidth heavily.

Please suggest me with some solution at least for the above two problems.

Re: Display and Wifi connectivity not proper in Lenovo Edge 13"

If you are using a Thinkpad a/g/n adapter, then definitely the display issue is due to the Power Savings or AMD VariBright. And the good news is that you can easily turn off these both settings.

Regarding the Wifi connection I do not have much idea or knowledge regarding it. But yes I could help you if you let me know which WiFi card you are using. Does the WiFi connection issue exist everywhere you go where there is a WiFi connection available?

Hey friends please help me too. I am facing the same issues with my Lenovo Edge 13” but I have some more serious issues existing. Other the above two problem I am also facing the problem with my keypad and the Screen.
    • My keypad sometime suddenly stops working everytime. I noticed that it happens on if I change the power state or close any program.
    • Not only the keypad stops working but also the screen goes bank when I change the power state which is again quite annoying for me.

I shared my problems with you just because when I tried out you solution for the Display issue my Display got fixed, so I hope you can even get some solution for these problems too.

According to my knowledge the screen of the laptop goes blank whenever we pluggin or unplug the AC adapter. Actually during this process the graphics card changes from 60Hz to 50Hz and vice versa. You can disable this thing from the graphics control panel.

Regarding the keypad issue I would better suggest you to show it to the service center, it may be due to the hardware issue.

Look, just call up Lenovo warranty on 131 426. And enquire them whether you can send only the laptop without the HDD, if they agree then send them only the laptop removing the HDD as said.

This will help you know whether problem is with the hardware or it’s your windows installation which is creating the problem. They will get to know about this once they will run their own diagnostic.