Thread: Calendar Widget is not updating itself in Acer Iconia Tab A200

Calendar Widget is not updating itself in Acer Iconia Tab A200

I have bought Acer Iconia Tab A200 and it has been just 3 days, I have found that the Calendar Widget is not updating itself, I mean that the Appointments Appointments which I add does not comes up and they does not drops after the time period is passed, I have checked that the calendar is on sync and I have tried refreshing it as well but then it is not making any difference, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea in resolving it out??

Re: Calendar Widget is not updating itself in Acer Iconia Tab A200

I have bought Acer Iconia Tab A200 and it has been just 3 days, I have found that the Calendar Widget is not updating itself, I mean that the Appointments Appointments which I add does not comes up and they does not drops after the time period is passed, I have checked that the calendar is on sync and I have tried refreshing it as well but then it is not making any difference, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea in resolving it out??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the following:
    • Have you tried removing the widget and then adding it again??
    • Have you tried full shutdown and after that restarting the tablet to wake it up??

If you have not tried these things then try it out and then let me know the response that you get.

I have tried full shutdown and after that restarting the tablet to wake the calendar but then it is just not making any difference, other than this I have also tried out removing the widget and then adding it again previously and after that it was updating itself but then it wanted me to re-add the calendar everyday and I don’t think that I should keep doing the same, I really want to get this widget working as it is of use to me, is there any other workaround that I can try to get it work properly?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I will like to share that with Honeycomb 3.x there are many issues which are coming up every now and then, the widgets that has been implemented for the honeycomb has given a average performance and not all of them work fine without issues, I think that you will have to wait for the ICS update like the others who are having other issues with it.

If you want then you can try to use Agenda Widget Plus which is a paid one and will cost you just $2, I have been using the same and I like it as well, it really works great without any such issues, it just Shows my appointments as an agenda list and that too from different calendars, the best thing that I like about is that it is a scrolling widget so I can just scroll down to check out few coming and past weeks.just check it out and I am sure that you will like it too.