Thread: Having graphical bugs with Nintendo wii

Having graphical bugs with Nintendo wii

Hello guys, i have very important problem to discuss here! I had been getting graphical issues in game ”The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess” first i thought it was die to some scratches on it, so i cleaned it with soft cloth but that did not solve it, i took one of the suggestion from internet and washed my disk with toothpaste, though i was able to play that game i was still getting the graphical bugs on it. Then i tried another game which was skyward sword but even that game was giving me the same problem. Then i thought it will be some problem with my GPU and gave it for servicing, after some days i got it back but the problem was still with it. After trying for some days i again sent it to the service center for repairing but when i got my wii again it had the same defect and it was still not solved. Now i am tired of this and want to ask you people if you know anything about such problem! Are this graphical bugs created by the scratches? but my second disk has no scratches on it and i am still getting the problem with it too.

Re: Having graphical bugs with Nintendo wii

If you have scratches on your disc then it will simply show you the error saying that this disk cannot be played. You can try those disks with other TVs to check if it is the problem with your television set. It could also be the problem with your video cables so try changing it before you can say that Nintendo did not service your wii properly. is there any particular error that you are getting other than graphical issues?

I am suffering with only flickering of the video while playing the game. I have heard that one of the representatives of Nintendo was saying that such graphical issues and flickering of video are common with the disk that are having scratches on it. Though you can still play the game properly. This can be because of your disks are used more causing the scratches on it, since these are small scratches, disk drive of the wii is allowing them to play but having flickering effects on your display. Try wii lens cleaning kit and see if it can solve your problem.

If it is not because of the GPU or due the scratches then it can be the problem caused by the electronic noises around your system. Check if there are any AC power sources or radio transmitters around your cabling, if it is then change the route of your cables and try plugging them from different directions. If your cable is twisted then try to solve it into the straight one because twists or lot of coils in your cables will catch more electrical noises/ vibrations from around than the straight ones.

The scratches on the disk will not cause you such flickering. These disks are digital and they are being protected by the some sort of redundancy code on it. Scratches on the disk will show you the disk read error directly. Like other user said here, you may be having Wi-Fi, router or cordless phones around your system. If we could connect the HDMI cable to wii then this problem would never have come across such problems with graphics.