Thread: device manager cannot find smart card reader in Lenovo ThinkPad T61

device manager cannot find smart card reader in Lenovo ThinkPad T61

I was using windows Vista operating system in my Lenovo ThinkPad T61 laptop and after that I have upgrade my operating system to windows 7. Now problem is smart card reader is not listed device manager. What should I do to solve this issue? if any one have solution for this then let me know.

Re: device manager cannot find smart card reader in Lenovo ThinkPad T61

This problem normally occurs when smartcard reader is not enabled in the BIOS and that is why I would like to tell you that you should first check in the BIOS setting whether is smart card reader is enabled or not. if it is not enabled then you should enable it and after enabling it you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Yes I will also suggest you the same. You have to restart your Lenovo ThinkPad T61 and after restarting the laptop you have to go to BIOS setting and then you have to go to the I/O port access under security and then enable the smart card reader from there. Now you have to save that setting and then restart the laptop. Now open device manager and after that you have to see whether smart card reader is listed there or not.

If you face problem after doing this also then let me know.

After referring your solution I have checked the BIOS setting and smartcard reader was disabled there and after that I have enable it and then save that setting. now problem is it appears in the device manager with yellow exclamation mark. How to solve this problem?

You need to first download SmartCard reader driver for Windows 7 from official site of the Lenovo and then install it in your Lenovo ThinkPad T61 laptop. now after installing the drivers your problem will get solved. I am telling you this because similar thing happen with 15.4" model and then I have downloaded windows 7 drivers and then my problem get solved.

I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.