Thread: My Lenovo ThinkPad T420 shutdowns suddenly.

Arrow My Lenovo ThinkPad T420 shutdowns suddenly.

I am using Lenovo ThinkPad T420 from more than six months. This is very nice device. The performance of this device is very nice. But now I am having one problem with my laptop. My T420 shut downs suddenly. This is really very annoying. This is not the issue of power failure. I am totally disappointed with my T420 because of this problem. Please Thanks in advance

Re: My Lenovo ThinkPad T420 shutdowns suddenly.

I am having exact same problem with my T420. My T420 turn offs automatically. I thought that this is because of the battery problem so I replace my battery but still I am experiencing same problem with my laptop. This is not acceptable. What is the reason for this problem? Anyone has solution to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Ayize View Post
    I am having exact same problem with my T420. My T420 turn offs automatically. I thought that this is because of the battery problem so I replace my battery but still I am experiencing same problem with my laptop. This is not acceptable. What is the reason for this problem? Anyone has solution to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated
    Do you get any error message before shut downs of your Lenovo ThinkPad T420? If yes then mention that error message. Any notification displayed on screen of your ThinkPad? Please describe your problem fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaruchandra View Post
    Do you get any error message before shut downs of your Lenovo ThinkPad T420? If yes then mention that error message. Any notification displayed on screen of your ThinkPad? Please describe your problem fully.
    No there was no error message on screen or any notification was not displayed on screen. My T420 shuts downs suddenly without any warning this is not acceptable. Now I am frustrated because of this problem.

I solve my problem by changing RAM. If the RAM of your laptop is faulty or damaged then this can cause this problem. Remove RAM from the RAM slot and clean it properly and then plug again RAM into the RAM. This might solve your problem. If RAM is damaged then install new RAM in your T420.