Thread: Camera stopped working in Lenovo ThinkPad E520

Camera stopped working in Lenovo ThinkPad E520

I have bought Lenovo ThinkPad E520 and I use the camera for Web Conferencing with my friends and colleagues. The camera which is installed was working fine till yesterday god knows what happened to it. It stopped working. I got a message “Communication Utility Main UI has stopped working”. What should I do now? Is there anyway restore the problem?? Please help me. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Camera stopped working in Lenovo ThinkPad E520

I will suggest you to uninstall the communication utility as well as the camera drivers. Then go to the official website of Lenovo and download the software and install. After that check using user manual that everything is set properly in device manager. Then press F5 which is the hotkey for camera options and check whether the camera is working or not. Hope it will help you.

Dear friend I will recommend you to troubleshoot your ThinkPad and restore Windows Recovery System. After that you should uninstall Lenovo ThinkVantage programs like Toolbox, Power Manager and Access Connections. You should try it for several times and press F5 to see whether the camera is working or not.

I am facing same problem and I have faced a weird type of problem. When I use the camera to use the programs like Skype it works properly but when I use Thinkvantage Communication Utility or F5 Hotkey the camera does not even support to start. You should also try factory recovery to see if it is working or not. It is very annoying for me. Has anyone got any solution regarding this topic?

I will suggest you should check whether the operating system which you are running on your laptop is working well or not. Sometimes the file crashes with a file system which gradually affects the camera. If nothing is working for you, then you should call Lenovo helpline no to get s olution for your problem. They will surely help you in this case.