Thread: DVD drive does not power off automatically in Lenovo Thinkpad T520

DVD drive does not power off automatically in Lenovo Thinkpad T520

Hi guys in my Lenovo Thinkpad T520 laptop DVD drive turned off automatically when it is idle but it has suddenly started giving me problems. Now DVD drive does not power off automatically when it is idle. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: DVD drive does not power off automatically in Lenovo Thinkpad T520

Well after looking at your problem I will suggest you to first eject DVD drive from your laptop. and after ejecting the DVD drive your laptop you have to reinstall it in your Lenovo Thinkpad T520 laptop and after doing that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not.

If above solution does not help you to fix this problem then I will suggest you to uninstall power manger from your Lenovo Thinkpad T520 laptop and after that you have to visit official web site of the Lenovo and then you have to download latest power manager in your laptop and after downloading that you have to install in your laptop and after installing that in your laptop you have to check whether it helps you to solve this problem or not?

According to me after installing latest power manager in your laptop your problem will get solved.

You have to check whether prevent DVD-rom from going into "sleep" is enabled or not? if it is not enable then you should enable it and after enabling that your problem will get solved. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you want to enable prevent DVD-Rom from going into "sleep" option then you need to open power manager in your laptop and then you have to select advance option. After that you have to go to the power plan setting. inn that setting you will get option for prevent DVD-Rom from going into "sleep".

I think after trying this solution all the things will start working properly.