Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 false Fan error

Lenovo ThinkPad T61 false Fan error

So I am not sure what the problem is my I had the fan problem so I did replaced the fan with the another on now after the month I ma getting error on fan while booting the laptop and if I hit Esc then it’s just works fine . so I am guessing the fan is not the problem as it is working fine and my Bios is also up to date . can anyone here would help me to know what exactly the problem is I would glad to know this

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 false Fan error

I think the fan that you have replaced has some problem or may be your thermal sensor is gone nuts. If you have a spare fan or you can get any try booting your laptop trough it sees if you get this error then

Look to me that is a fan problem. maybe the fan is running slow or the tach pulses aren't being counted correctly. Although there us very less chance of having the problem in the tach pulse sensor. It is not the thermal issue because it’s not showing thermal error when running. Try to apply the oil on the fan some time lubrication thickened make the fan run slow

Yeah totally right the fan must be running slow and this is because of probably the fan hardened grease however I also doubt that for the fact that the fan is newly installed. Maybe it’s the warped heatsink assembly. I suggest you to replace the fan if it causing you the problem

Thanks for the reply guys I checked it with the another fan without removing the installed fan that I borrowed from a local mechanic and I didn’t get the error . so I reattached everything back as it was and it look as fan running okay but still the error is showing up . I put some pressure on the heatsink housing and bend it little from the one corner but new fan failed all the time. So it might be my new fan that is causing this problem. I will buy the new fan and heat sink form the e-bay