Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T520 4240-4au is unable to detect wireless adapter

Arrow Lenovo ThinkPad T520 4240-4au is unable to detect wireless adapter

I am using Lenovo ThinkPad T520 4240-4au from one month. This is very nice device this works fine for me. I am satisfied with the performance of this device. But now I am having problem with this ThinkPad. My Wireless adapter is not detected in my ThinkPad. This is really annoying. What can be a solution please help me to solve this problem. Any help would be appreciated

re: Lenovo ThinkPad T520 4240-4au is unable to detect wireless adapter

I am having exact same problem with my ThinkPad T520. I recently purchased a new ThinkPad T520. This works fine except wireless adapter card. My wireless adapter is not detected in my ThinkPad so I reinstalled all the drivers. But this not works for me. I am still unable to solve my problem. I am really frustrated now because of this wireless adapter problem. Could anyone tell me what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tau-Mai View Post
    I am having exact same problem with my ThinkPad T520. I recently purchased a new ThinkPad T520. This works fine except wireless adapter card. My wireless adapter is not detected in my ThinkPad so I reinstalled all the drivers. But this not works for me. I am still unable to solve my problem. I am really frustrated now because of this wireless adapter problem. Could anyone tell me what is the problem?
    Reinstalling of drivers is not the only solution you also have to check the driver version for this go to device manager and check for the driver version. If you are having older version then download and install latest drivers or if you are having latest driver version then disable them and enable them again. Hope this will help you to detect adapter card in your ThinkPad.

Switch on the wireless and the off this and then try fn-f5. In BIOS go to security and select I/O port access and then enable the Wireless LAN WAN. These settings swill help to detect wireless adapter in your ThinkPad.

For delectating Wireless adaptor in ThinkPad following settings are usefull.
    • Hardware switch = ON
    • FN + F5 for WLAN = ON
    • BIOS I/O ports WLAN = ON
    • WLAN adapter is DETECTED in Device manager.
    If this problem still persists then this is may because of operating system. Install any other operating system to your device then try again. If the same problem persists then this looks like hardware problem contact to customer support for Hardware check.