Thread: Ultrabay Battery is used first and drains to ZERO in Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Ultrabay Battery is used first and drains to ZERO in Lenovo ThinkPad T61

I have recently purchased Lenovo ThinkPad T61 and I was very happy with this laptop. Yesterday I found that Ultrabay Battery is used first and it gets drain completely. This is a serious issue for me. This will make the validity of Ultrabay battery low and will get affected. Lenovo does not provide a BIOS or driver to allow the user to which batteries we can use or select.

Re: Ultrabay Battery is used first and drains to ZERO in Lenovo ThinkPad T61

I have faced the same problem. I have two 7-cell standard batteries and an Ultrabay Advance battery. I always want to use the standard battery first so if it gets drain I can use the Ultrabay battery after but I don’t have that permission to have any choice.

I think you can select the battery option by selecting power manager which allows you to customize the dishcharge order. You can also select it from the power schema which is situated in the BIOS to operate the battery should be used to drain first and then which battery should be there for standby.

It is very shameful for Lenovo that it does not offer us to manually monitor the battery we should use first. In dell’s laptop we are allowed to use the power manager in which we can select the order of batteries which we are going to use and what should be the cutoff level. This should be kindly note down by the Lenovo manufacturers. There is no use of power manager in Lenovo laptop, we cannot set any settings about how to choose the battery.

I will suggest you to handover your laptop to Lenovo official store. There are skilled and professionals CR which will solve your issue. They will check either there is any issue about the battery, if they found any they will replace it. If you have the warranty card you will get the benefit that you will be charged free for repairing or replacement. Hope it helps you.