Thread: Buffer or disk cleaning kit for Nintendo wii

Buffer or disk cleaning kit for Nintendo wii

Is there any kit available for filing the scratches from the disks? I have heard of the game de-scratching kit. Is there any way by which i can avoid getting scratches on my drive? I would also like to know how can i clear GameCube disks safely? My friend has suggested me to use the toothpaste for filling the scratches! Will it work for me or not?

Re: Buffer or disk cleaning kit for Nintendo wii

Find any Play N Trade store in your local area, you will get a fix for scratches. You can also find this kit at electronic shops using which you can clear your disk by yourself only. Do not use toothpaste for cleaning the disk, you can use glass cleaner if you want and then wipe it with clean and soft cloth. You get bad image because when you get scratches on the disk laser from the drive can’t read the content of the disk and thus you get flickering effect on display. You can avoid having scratches by not touching the side of the disk having data.

I have used disk with some minor scratches on it. And i an looking to play that game on my Nintendo wii. I am not sure if this game will run on my system or not , i have heard that these scratches can cause some problem related graphics flickering, crashes, delay in game play etc. Does these effects depend on the types of scratches it has or it happens with even small scratch?

It will depend on how deep is your scratch, as it should not damage the data from your drive. If your drive has couple of minor scratches then it is ok and it won’t affect the game but if there are several scratches then it will give you disk read error to you. If you have deep scratch then your disk will be rejected by the wii and will not read it.