Thread: What does factory certified Wii mean?

What does factory certified Wii mean?

Hi , i had submitted my wii to service center due to some problems, now they are saying that i will get other factory certified Wii! Can you please tell me what does that mean? Will they give me a new wii or pre-owned but factory tested wii? I would like to get a new wii instead of getting used wii.

Re: What does factory certified Wii mean?

You will probably get Refurbished wii. These are not pre owned wii but such devices that had manufacturing defect and which are fixed now. They are also checked for any possible physical damage, so they are almost like a new device. These devices can be defective models of Wii coming from manufacturing and returned by the users to stores. It is always checked that no previous user data is remained in the wii before forwarding it to the next user.

So that it does mean that they are previously used but they all are completely serviced and replaced? Do they have proper GPU or CPU and other hardware parts or they are only serviced? By what you are saying it looks like that they keep your defected wii to themselves for servicing and then they give such serviced wii to you and vice versa. What if there are cracks or scratches on the peripherals? Will they also be replaced?

Factory certified unit means that they are repaired actually. If you have any hardware related problem then they are replaced in this process. Factory has number of such devices that are sent by many users. You are given another device to save the time so that even you don’t have to wait for weeks. For repairing these devices they will need lot of time hence they keep pre-owned but factory tested units to give it to users like you.

Many time this happens that to keep up with the company standard they use new hardware parts for Nintendo wii. Factory certified units are also available with warranty of 1 year, whereas in refurbished units they only check for any physical damage fix it. If you had any game downloaded on it and if you have sent it for servicing then in repairing process you will not lose them as it will be transferred to your new system.