Thread: Getting an error every time i insert the game disk, is my wii still functional?

Getting an error every time i insert the game disk, is my wii still functional?

I have been getting this error message whenever i insert the video game disk into the wii: Error Occurred. Press the Eject button and remove the disc. Turn the power off and follow the instructions in the console manual. I have checked the manual and it didn’t help me. I have repaired the console and still after using for an hour i got the same error message. Now i can’t even start the game! What really may be the case? Can this be solved?

re: Getting an error every time i insert the game disk, is my wii still functional?

Can you tell me which game were you playing? Lots of new game are dual layered and old wii models do not support those games, that may be the case for you also. I had an error message while playing the “Just Dance 3”. There are lots of other games that are reported to be not working on the old wii models.

re: Getting an error every time i insert the game disk, is my wii still functional?

I had the same problem playing new games on my older wii so i sent it for replacement. First i thought they have just changed circuit board and the disc drive but when i looked for the serial number it was different then mine so i contacted them again. They said there was some problem with old wii so they have sent a new wii for me! I never noticed any problem in my wii though i was able to use downloaded games on it. Sending a new one for replacement device tells more story about how big problem it could be with old wii models to run new game disks.