Thread: Nokia N8 updated to Symbian Belle

Nokia N8 updated to Symbian Belle

Hello everyone I have recently updated to symbian belle and what I want to say is that it seems there is some bug in that update which I want to notify you all. So what I am saying is I am having some problem closing the running applications in the phone. A long press holding the menu button does not display any menu for closing the applications at all. It is directly going to the menus. Don’t know what kind of problem is this, can anybody thro some light on this kind of problem and show me some solutions. Let me know if anyone else is having this problem or not.

Re: Nokia N8 updated to Symbian Belle

Dude its not only you who has this problem but the same is the case with me and I am not able to stop that application at all. I am really thinking that why did I update to the symbian belle I was very much happy with the sumbian anna. This symbian belle really sucks,.

Quote Originally Posted by M@ndy View Post
    Hello everyone I have recently updated to symbian belle and what I want to say is that it seems there is some bug in that update which I want to notify you all. So what I am saying is I am having some problem closing the running applications in the phone. A long press holding the menu button does not display any menu for closing the applications at all. It is directly going to the menus. Don’t know what kind of problem is this, can anybody thro some light on this kind of problem and show me some solutions. Let me know if anyone else is having this problem or not.
    Like I want to know which menu button have you pressed, I am sure that you have pressed the one inside the screen and not the main menu button. Which you can find in the bottom of the phone. You should check that out first and I am quite sure that you will get the functionality to close all the running applications, that’s what I can say here. I hope that was enough for you. Do give it a try for the said solutions and revert me back if that works for you or not.

Hi you can call up the nokia support team and I am sure they will help you with the same. So it is always better to show up the issues with them and they will definitely help you. Go ahead and have a chat with them about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    Like I want to know which menu button have you pressed, I am sure that you have pressed the one inside the screen and not the main menu button. Which you can find in the bottom of the phone. You should check that out first and I am quite sure that you will get the functionality to close all the running applications, that’s what I can say here. I hope that was enough for you. Do give it a try for the said solutions and revert me back if that works for you or not.
    Ok this one works but I am slightly amazed that why it did not work with the on screen menu button. It should have worked out. Anyways I am able to do that with the external menu button. It worked.