Thread: Cannot use WIFI after updating to symbian belle on Nokia E7

Cannot use WIFI after updating to symbian belle on Nokia E7

I have updated my Nokia E7 mobile phone to Symbian belle and after updating the mobile phone it has started giving me problem. Now whenever I try to use WIFI at that time I get "Connection failed. Access denied" error. What should I do to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Cannot use WIFI after updating to symbian belle on Nokia E7

I will suggest you to first remove al the saved WIFI networks from your Nokia E7 mobile phone and after removing the WIFI network from mobile phone you have to restart the Nokia E7 mobile phone. now after that you have to add WIFI network again in your device and after doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

Yes I totally agree with above solution because whenever you update the device after that you have to reconfigure the WIFI setting and then problem will get solved. I think you should also try the same solution and then your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

According to me you should try different security setting and then check whether it makes any difference or not. Many times by changing the security setting this type of problem can get solved. According to me you should also try this trick with your Nokia E7 mobile phone and then you will not face any problem.

If above solution does not help you to fix this problem then I will suggest you to try connect your Nokia E7 mobile phone with any other Wireless network and then at that time also you get same problem or not? if you get same problem after that then it might issue with your Nokia E7 mobile phone and if it worked properly with other wireless network then it means problem is with your wireless network.

I hope this solution will help you to detect exact problem with your Nokia E7 mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by HankH View Post
    I will suggest you to first remove al the saved WIFI networks from your Nokia E7 mobile phone and after removing the WIFI network from mobile phone you have to restart the Nokia E7 mobile phone. now after that you have to add WIFI network again in your device and after doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.
    I have the same problem with the first person. After updating from Anna to Belle, when the restore completes, i have not restored my access points back. When i am trying to enter again the security settings nothing happened i cannot access my wifi network. I have also reinstalled belle with no result.

Quote Originally Posted by arpa View Post
    I have the same problem with the first person. After updating from Anna to Belle, when the restore completes, i have not restored my access points back. When i am trying to enter again the security settings nothing happened i cannot access my wifi network. I have also reinstalled belle with no result.
    Well, you dont need to set up access points on mobile phone to connect wirelessly. You just need the password of the wifi to connect your phone to the wifi network either from some laptop or computer connected to a router. If you are talking about the internet access points then call up the service providers which you are using and they will send you the settings via mms or sms, and this you need to save.