Thread: “Getting Token Failed” error while setup in Windows Live Hotmail account in Motorola DROID RAZR

“Getting Token Failed” error while setup in Windows Live Hotmail account in Motorola DROID RAZR

I just recently bought this phone and was trying to set up the hotmail account with the factory app to create my email account but I get this error "Getting Token Failed" is there anyone here who can help me on this . I did everything including calling the Verizon, but they have no idea regarding this. My college has similar Motorola droid phone and its just works fined in this aspect . can anyone here assist me on this I would be really appreciating this

Re: “Getting Token Failed” error while setup in Windows Live Hotmail account in Motorola DROID RAZR

I had the similar problem, and all my searching brought me here. The technique I got my email to work be other than setting up " Hotmail " accounts by choosing them by name, I went to "accounts and sync">"add account"> "Mail", after that just put in the email information and it did not give back that getting token error.

Hope this helps somebody.

Re: “Getting Token Failed” error while setup in Windows Live Hotmail account in Motorola DROID RAZR

As far as I know Hotmail have forever been a little issue on Android. . I have establish that it work best by the apps that the companies have prepared for Android. There is a Hotmail app. I as well have had great fortune with K-9 mail and my Yahoo account. This is a free of charge application on the android Market and it has a load of features plus works great. I don't recognize how well it works with Hotmail. I use to have issue with using my Hotmail account till 3 years ago and determined to make use of my Gmail account to poll for my Hotmail Email.

Using this method has worked extremely well for me. I get my Hotmail messages right through my Gmail account (Push) and can also reply to people and it is sent through the Hotmail servers, so no one even knows that I am actually using my Gmail to get my Hotmail this way. I am sure that you can do the same thing with your Yahoo account if you were to decide to go this route or at least try it.

One of these methods should work for you. at any rate, I hope it does. Hope this helps.

Look as if it solved for me currently by the following
    1. Settings
    2. Accounts
    3. Add account

Put in hotmail to the stock email app as a 'corporate sync' type of email. Put in your 'Username' as your complete hotmail email address not just your short nickname - leave Domain as well as Proxy unaccompanied and create Server = m.hotmail.com. Keep the 'use safe connection' box checked. We just did this and checked a couple emails and they are NO LONGER BLANK IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL!