Thread: Cracked in screen of Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX

Cracked in screen of Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX

I purchase my handset the first day it released . I have for all time taken care of my handset and I have by no means had a cracked screen. I got up off the couch in which my handset fell into my floor and the display cracked. I called my carrier who told me to get in touch with Motorola which I did and they will not accept to replace on warrant as it had physical damage. My handset had previously been getting awfully hot while charging and using it. I talked to everybody they permitted me to . I've been a loyal Motorola customer own the Droid x the Xoom etc. They wish for me to make use of my insurance which doesn’t have a issue however just afraid the replacement will be as fragile. I know the Gorilla Glass is unbreakable and shouldn't have cracked, and currently it’s just spider webbing. Any ideas or solution would be great thanks.

Re: Cracked in screen of Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX

If it’s just the glass other than display itself then it’s exactly a 2 minute job – remove old screen off then place new one on. Do you use a case? i drop my handset every the time and i have some 10 dollar case. i check my display all the time though cause of stories like these

No didn't have a case on it at this time. I really just didn't think this phone would be that fragile. But for future references I will get a case. Bit for another question does anyone else phone get so hot while charging and using?

My handset doesn't even get warm let alone hot. I have heard people say their do however I have no idea why. Also, it is strange how one handset can seem fragile when another is a brick.. The good type. I have dropped my RAZR on extra than one occasion and onto solid with no even a scratch. Just the another day, it fell into the concrete gave down and slid and I thought the worst based on others misfortune and I was happy to see that there was not a single mark on the phone. perhaps I am just lucky.

i know my handset would be cracked as well as broken if i didn’t have a case in it. it’s a actually small simple case although it does save me from using my warranty plus getting frustrated over a cracked screen. Mini gets hot if the back is down and there is no air flow or air. however its more warm after that it is hot. It gets hot if I am using the handset and charging it at the similar time