Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No HDMI Cable connected still Motorola DROID RAZR shows "Connected to HDMI Cable"

Portable Devices

Old 09-02-2012

No HDMI Cable connected still Motorola DROID RAZR shows "Connected to HDMI Cable"

I've had the Motorola DROID RAZR for some week with no problems except battery use up for talk time, 4G + voice coverage, as well as rarely overheating device . I've used HDMI mirroring effectively a many times using a micro-HDMI cable to my A/V receiver input. I used it for sometime today, and currently the handset won't goes from HDMI dock mode. The HDMI icon repeatedly shows on the top bar.

So as usual I try multiple reboots , and what I think is a hard reboot which happened by hold Power and the Vol key , however HDMI continue to show up . If I plug in a headphone, media sound will play throughout it but it wound take care of the HDMI mode , however I can no longer find any media sound out of the speaker, because it believe it's outputting to the HDMI port.

I in addition tried reconnecting the HDMI cable once more , which still mirrors the phone . after that, I tried switch the receiver to used a another input, and I tried multiple connect as well as disconnect of the HDMI cable.

Is there anyone who can help me on this I would be really glad

Old 09-02-2012

Re: No HDMI Cable connected still Motorola DROID RAZR shows "Connected to HDMI Cable"

Why don’t you try to restarting your handset and connecting/disconnecting a HDMI cable? Well Killing Motorola Dock Service temporary work out to the issue till next unlocking the phone. Or rest the phone and If a factory reset doesn't cure it try and make use of fast boot files. It might be a possible defect/corrupt OS.
Old 09-02-2012

Re: No HDMI Cable connected still Motorola DROID RAZR shows "Connected to HDMI Cable"

I am in the similar situation . It looks like to occur while the handset is place flat or held past 90 degree viewing angle. Have uninstalled the entire newly installed apps? This is getting in fact annoying. Will be calling support tomorrow. Any new input on this one?

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,