Thread: Motorola DROID RAZR shows only 8GBs of internal memory.

Arrow Motorola DROID RAZR shows only 8GBs of internal memory.

I am using Motorola DROID RAZR. I am having problem with my mobile. I am using third party Astro file application. This application shows only 8GB internal memory. But this phone is having 16 GB internal memory as per specifications. How to solve this problem? Please help.

Re: Motorola DROID RAZR shows only 8GBs of internal memory.

I am also having same problem. Motorola DROID RAZR has 16 GB internal memory. But Astro file application detects only 8 GB of internal memory. This is very annoying. My 2 GB of memory space is remaining as per this application. This is unacceptable. What is the reason behind this problem? What is the solution for this problem? Can someone please help?

This problem is because of the file manager of third party. The Googles has new file structure and this structure is not supported by the file manager. So these file managers are unable to show correct memory status. This is not the problem of your mobile phone.

Yes, this mobile has 16 GBs of internal memory space. This memory space is divided into three parts as follows
    • 4GB
    • 4GB
    • 8GB
    The first 4GB is allocated for the operating system, built-in applications, Webtop. The second 4GB is allocated for the applications that is downloaded by the user this is visible under Menu> Settings > Storage. The next 8 GB is allocated for the user data such as videos, music, photos etc this memory space is visible under Menu > Applications > Applications storage

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaruchandra View Post
    Yes, this mobile has 16 GBs of internal memory space. This memory space is divided into three parts as follows
    • 4GB
    • 4GB
    • 8GB
    The first 4GB is allocated for the operating system, built-in applications, Webtop. The second 4GB is allocated for the applications that is downloaded by the user this is visible under Menu> Settings > Storage. The next 8 GB is allocated for the user data such as videos, music, photos etc this memory space is visible under Menu > Applications > Applications storage
    Yes, this internal memory is divided into the three parts. The first 4 GB which is for operating system and the second part 4GB which is for the downloaded applications are not visible in the file managers. The only third part of 8 GB which is for the user data is only visible using the file manager.