Thread: Google Maps Compass not working on Motorola DROID RAZR

Google Maps Compass not working on Motorola DROID RAZR

Hello friends, i am having the problem with the compass in Google maps, it is not orienting itself properly in DROID RAZR. It becomes worst when i used it for walking navigation. Most of time it try to orient itself and often is incorrect at identifying which direction i heading. So what to do to solve the problem, please help me with it, there anything to make it proper so that i can used properly for me while navigating through places? Please help me, thank you.

Re: Google Maps Compass not working on Motorola DROID RAZR

There is been problem with the phone Google Maps Compass, if you contact the motorola about it then they do not consider a a problem and will be saying that it will be the problem of Google maps. I have heard from someone that the upcoming maintenance release has this issue fixed, so you better for that and get it fixed later.

I am knowing that it has been started in the Gingerbread. If you have seen the Original Droid then it was not having any problem with it, it is having with the Razr and other devices whihc are having the gingerbread operating system. Where i have seen that other manufacturers have already find the solution for it and fixed this problem in their builds of Gingerbread. I also wish that the Motorola do it as soon as possible.

I am also having problem with the google sky map, i have founded that the direction always seems to point towards east and the compass never orients correctly. It was working very well when i was having the original droid and I was loving this application a lot. I have searched on the internet for the solution then it appears that there is a fix in the work which might be available soon. So just waiting for that fix to release and fix it.

Actually there is an update in the works for all the Droid Razr user which will be solving this problem of the compass. So cannot say anything till the time the fixer is available, i have heard it will be available in this month.