Thread: Internet sharing is not allowing WiFi to work properly in Windows Phone 7

Internet sharing is not allowing WiFi to work properly in Windows Phone 7

Reads lots of forums where people have mentioned about the issue of internet sharing with wifi. But the problem is too common in windows phone 7.

The wifi seems to be connected but still it denies functioning. This problem occurs only when we start to access or enable the internet sharing. Also the internet sharing is possible only when we disconnect either the 3G or wifi connection. If we turn off the wifi everything seems to be alright and works fine. I just wanted to know whether anyone else is experiencing the same issue regarding the wifi or data connection after using internet sharing.

Re: Internet sharing is not allowing WiFi to work properly in Windows Phone 7

I am facing this issue from past one month but still didn’t understand whether the problem is resovled or not. Sometimes my wifi seems to be working fine and great, in fact currently it working properly. Now let me tell you that whenever you are connected to wifi and if ever you see you phone getting an access or switching to 3G+ instead of 3G than make sure that your phone isn’t using a wifi data. To check such thing check out the network information on the top of the phone, for that you will have to tap twice frequently on the top.

I have tried connecting my PC to my HTC Radar wirelessly in order to get an internet sharing access, and I seems to be working fine and correctly without creating any issue especially with respect to the wifi connection.

In fact along with it I always listen to Last FM through wifi which works fine, also when the wifi is connected there are no such attempts made by the phone to get connected to 3G.

Let me again tell you that I am using an HTC Radar phone and not a windows phone, so it must be the case that the problem is specified only with the windows phone and not with the other smartphones.

Just make sure if ever you face a problem with your data connection getting hanged or if ever you are automatically connected to the 3G network at the same time when you connect to the wifi connection, then definitely you are facing some similar problem same as ones facing here. most of the people try hard resetting their phone which sometimes does works but not for all the phone. But my preference will be getting the updates for your phone from your tech support. I have a Samsung Focus S phone, and I recently got updates from Roger/Samsung. I am not sure whether updates will possible enable or correct your internet sharing connection, as my internet sharing is already working fine. But I think that getting the latest updates should work in this case.

Hey problem still remained the same even after getting the recent update from Samsung. And I never got any official solution either.

Resetting the phone too doesn’t make any difference. Maybe the wifi/3G problem will be resolved someday, but I would still never try to enable and access the connection until I stay with this phone. Will try out unlocking the phone and then re-enabling the internet sharing connection.