Thread: What is your opinion on Metro UI and the WP7?

What is your opinion on Metro UI and the WP7?

so I was just looking on my phone Samsung Galaxy ll and HTC Titan and I must say that the Metro UI in the WP7 is kind of dull and should be more attractive . a bit more customizable . The WP& is really awesome but Microsoft really need too little hard work to make their OS fun. I don’t require much functionality but something nice. What do yu people think about this please share it here I would be glad

Re: What is your opinion on Metro UI and the WP7?

I really like the UI very much and I thing the Microsoft is actually doing the good work it’s like a different more personal environment. relatively. In my view it must just seem cleaner and more organized if you swipe right and left for different categories of apps as opposed to scrolling down and perhaps missing the app or what-not.

Just one home screen. If I've got many of tiles I need to scroll upright to locate them as each screen "view" only holds about 10 items at a time for the reason that of the design guidelines about tiles. This is extremely incompetent UX. The shortcut to the application list to the right side that take you the strict "app" view and not the whole of your pinned sites. So basically WP7 is supporting 2 dissimilar views. One in the home screen which is apps and pinned sites and the "app list" only view. This is conflicting for users, a bad UX.

Android has the grid of icons yet iOS is the favorite on the icons. Did anyone here actually use the android based phone? It’s not even close to the grid of icons. I like metro UI only hope they would build the tiles can do a little more.

I consider that was strange as well. iOS is the grid of icons. Android has widgets, therefore is actually icons mixed with live information plus dynamic stuff. In iOS it is always 71 degree and sunny. I have Android plus was into the custom ROMs. sometime I just got tired of the whole thing crashing. I might reply the phone on an key business call....and after that I wouldn't hear whatever thing....so I would see at the phone and it would be restarting . That was with together stock as well as custom ROMs. Windows phone just works. as well, I adore that I hardly ever have to enter an application to get all the information I require. I discover it to be a very good handset for a business person that is continually on the phone, in meetings, and travelling.