Thread: Headphone jack unable to work in Motorola Droid Razr

sad Headphone jack unable to work in Motorola Droid Razr

I have recently purchased the Droid Razr with the great expectations but there is some problem with the headphone jack of the phone. When I try to connect the headset the sound comes from the speakers of the phone but does not comes to hear in the headset which I connect to the phone. First I thought that it might be the headset problem that’s why I have tried with the multiple headsets of the Steel Series, Philips and Sony but the problem is still exiting. Also the icon that comes when the headsets are connected does not show on the screen. Why is this happening? The phone has the Android GingerBread OS. Do I have to replace the phone? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

star Re: Headphone jack unable to work in Motorola Droid Razr

I was going with the same problem of the headphone jack which was unable to work on my Razr phone. But I have solved this problem. I have used the Compressed air can to blow the air in the headphone jack. When I did this, then some of the particle came out of the jack which was the reason for not allowing my headset to get connected to the phone. And also don’t worry about the icon of the headset on the screen.

Sometimes it comes and sometimes it doesn’t. That is not the major issue. Blow the air from the top and don’t insert the tube of the can into the jack completely. This might damage the jack. There might be some particle stucked inside the jack which could be the main culprit. If this method doesn’t not work then you should look for replacing the headphone jack of the phone. Hope this helps.