Thread: HTC Arrive windows phone 7 Slow on Wifi

HTC Arrive windows phone 7 Slow on Wifi

While my HTC Arrive is on WiFi, it is sluggish. I have sort of satisfactory cell signal at my residence, good for calls as well as texts, so I place handset on WiFi. every the Other phones I usually connect to WiFi and work fast however WP7 is very slow on WiFi. It is like the handset doesn't fond of the weaker cell signal plus can't decide whether to utilize the cell tower or else the WiFi. Is this a bug? I have notice this problem was faced by the many WP7 user on the regular basis l. This is the only issue to my handset, being I have had it less than a week. I can put up with it, although really while I am on WiFi the handset must use WiFi for all however phone calls, texts, and perhaps push notifications. No slowness in apps or the marketplace. I anticipate MS fixes this issue . WP7 is overwhelming, just require a boost on WiFi.

re: HTC Arrive windows phone 7 Slow on Wifi"

I think the use of Wi-Fi for calls as well as texts is a carrier feature. Your carrier must need to permit it. I've heard T-Mobile in the US permit it, however a option like that is to no avail of here in Canada.

And Wi-Fi on my Samsung Focus is fairly speedy, so I don't believe slow Wi-Fi is universal.

Well did you tried to utilize a another WiFi Hotspot? What is the network surroundings being connected to? Is 3G disabled while trying to utilize wifi? Have you get in touch with your mobile operator concerning this ability?

I am also having the same problem and I did restart e my phone up and also to quit apps a lot of times, I consider of that previously . and I have shut down the cell signal, it was poorer and not anything connected. I think this is a bug, though I thankful for any diagnosis and wish it is right, although somewhat is not allowing the phone connect to the wifi and only use it, while I make certain the handset has established wifi.

Make certain your router is put to let anonymous requests on wlan, because for some cause my handset, after updating, was only presenting up by its Mac address on the client list, as a result it was let the phone to connect, after that blocking every access requests. Haven't figure out how to rectify this on the handset, so this is more of a workaround that a solution!