Thread: Will iPhone 5 have a pentaband 3G radio?

Will iPhone 5 have a pentaband 3G radio?

Hello everyone I know that iPhone 5 has not come up yet but still I would like to make some suggestion if there, then it would be great for any phone. Now what I am saying is how great it would be if the iPhone 5 would be having this pentaband as well. What do you all think about this guys? I think so this time apple people should come up with such unique idea that covers the 1700 3G band. That would be simply great that’s what I feel here.

Re: Will iPhone 5 have a pentaband 3G radio?

Well expectations are very much high with each and every new iPhone that is coming up. Well as you know nothing much has been revealed about the phone so it is very difficult to say anything about the phone at this point of time. However looking at the pentaband suggestion that you have made here I would say how about adding
    Quad-Band 2G GSM (+DUAL SIM)
    Pentaband 3G/HSPDA
    CDMA 1800/1900/2000/1xEV-DO
    LTE 700
    In one phone then I am sure there is no stopping the iPhone 5.

Well a lot depends upon the service providers under which all these phones run, what if there is no supportive software’s for such phones, then who should be blamed. Is it the carrier or the phone manufacturer? The phone has promised several such features but if the carrier is itself not supporting it then what’s the use? Don’t you all think so?

Yes I agree with you to some extent but look at the point what I am making here. if you look at verizon, at&t and sprint iPhones all of them have similar iPhone software’s and there is not much different between them so I don’t think so they would have any problems. Yes there would be some problems for the T-mobile and others but I think slowly and gradually they will get adjusted to it. That’s what I think.

I have been hearing several rumors from the techies that qualcomm will have a radio chip this year that will support t-mobile frequencies, so there is a possibility that T-mobiles iPhone can also be out.

I am completely against to what you have said here. I don’t think so apple will resort to such kind of tactics at all. Just to add some sales it will changes to the pentaband. No I don’t think that will happen at all. Apple as such does not officially support T-Mobile. So don’t even think that T-mobile will be supporting. I have also heard T-Mobiles CEO saying they are not in any plans to get the iPhone apparently. So don’t expect iPhone to come up with T-Mobile.

I know we are getting into the different debate. Well I just want to clarify one thing over here and that is if apple plans to see a phone in the market and if it says that I want to go with the LTe then the carriers will have to listen to that and it does not even care if the other carriers are supporting or not. While it’s not the same case with the android, blackberry and symbian. They make phones depending upon the frequencies of the carriers and hence that’s why we are seeing such a confusion in the gsm market. Still I think its too early to say anything about the iPhone 5. Nothing has been revealed yet.