Thread: Does anyone know when HTC LTE windows phone is coming up?

Does anyone know when HTC LTE windows phone is coming up?

I came to know that Microsoft is planning that HTC and Samsung are preparing to new LTE-equipped windows phone devices. Both the devices would feature pre-Tango version of the windows phone which include LTE support. HTC's 4G LTE Windows Phone is named as Radiant. This particular device would have large screen. Do you having any speculation on the same then let me know about?

Re: Does anyone know when HTC LTE windows phone is coming up?

I do agree that it will have pre-Tango. But I am wondering that it will have ame old slab design which is available for Samsung and HTC. I am going to get Nokia Lumia 900 and according to me Nokia is the one who care about the product design apart from Apple.

If everything is dependent on ATT which means that ATT is having cash and reserved for the HTC Nokia and Samsung to get the tier phones. Sprint and Tmo will not be able to handle such a huge financial load. VZN is having only strength to compete and get onto WP LTE. They are looking to compete with Android and iPhone.

I don’t think so it’s a tango but more than mango. Might be its having LTE radios and have some software drivers and other add ons. Well I am looking to see some decent changes from HTC and Samsung. However I would like to have slab configuration. I don’t care about the physical keyboard. I will purchase the device if there is on screen keyboard rather than of the physical keyboard.

Defiantly people will not use physical if software keyboard is provided on the mobile phone. There is nothing left in terms of design changes from the HTC side. I am happy with Slab configaurtion. But the device should be updated.
    The Samsung phone are supposed to be larger screen than that of Focus S. I am not sure about but it will be close to Titan's 4.7". Well I am wondering how many Titan users are going to be upgrade the LTE model.

Microsoft has announced that they were not go for LTE until and unless they have improved the efficiency LTE with respect to battery management. So I don’t think so LTE will be available till the end of 2012. But there is a sense that I should be with the device which I am having till device with LTE supports arrives in the market. So I am going to wait for the upgrading of the LTE devices. I am doubting that all the devices are supposed to be in Slab. Right now I am thinking about dual cores and WP would not need them at all. if there is 32GB storage capacity then it would be more than enough.

Hey thanks a lot for the useful information. Well I don’t know whether LTE phone would work with 3G networks?

As far as I know you will be able to use 3G if 4G is not available in your area. I am not aware of that how antenna would work with AT&T. I am aware of that Verizon will have big issue they are having CDMA network for 3G. hence there is no need of overlap with respect to technology and functionality. So you will require couple of separate antenna working by making use of full power. With At& t this particular case might not happen at all.
    Another thing I wanted to post over here is that switching from 4G to a 3G and 3G to 4G would be quite easy where service being provided by AT& T since they are using HSPA+. It is having capacity to handle voice & data simultaneously. Well you can use the voice on 3G or EDGE when you are making use of LTE for Data service.

AT&T is the only carrier who is able to switch between HSPA+ and LTE. If you have purchased LTE phone and you are not in the LTE area then you will also get same speeds which would be getting on LTE at the 21 Mbps max. in current situation AT&T is going to expand HSPA+ to look on the 3G coverage map.

I am sure about that Microsoft are supposed to have more and more handset for all the carriers are available in the market but you cannot force them for the option which they are providing. There should be better 1 carrier option for the high end Windows Phone 7.