Thread: No more support Galaxy nexus on Verizon by Google

No more support Galaxy nexus on Verizon by Google

I was searching something on the net when I came across this article that mentioned this really this is the worst news I have ever seen , I just changed to the Verizon. Can't say I'm all that surprised although. It just provide me a motive to get the yakju ROM. I did not do anything to my handset up till now as I akin to see others experience earlier than doing this . It take me 6+ months of reading prior to I rooted in addition to flashed my Nexus One. That being said it just may be the time , when I can find the time of course. Thanks all!

Re: No more support Galaxy nexus on Verizon by Google

It's really more of a carrier problem than an android problem. Truth to be said, I would never buy an android device on Sprint or Verizon. At&t and T-mobile? Completely different story.

Honestly Verizon is the worst career ever. They tease you with discounted prices and a wide selection of Android devices then violate your wallet with high prices on plans, crappy customer support, and dropped support for devices. I have the Xperia Play for Verizon and it has Verizon's version of all of Sony's add-on software and hasn't released the update for 2.3.4.

Well I think , Verizon is the best career ever! among work and personal, I have had service with all four of the major carriers . Verizon has the best call quality far and away above the others with virtually no dropped calls. Customer service has also been consistently fantastic! AT&T 3G is faster, but again, there is no comparison with Verizon's 4GLTE. You get what you pay for and I will gladly pay a little more for better quality service.

Google give a technical explanation, about the author offers a business explanation. I am technical but not familiar with the APK file signatures. Even so, here is my paraphrasing of the technical explanation CDMA carriers require that the APK files be signed with the carrier keys. Independent developers must sign with their own keys, resulting in non-functional telephony. Since the files are non-functional to all but the carriers, we are removing them from the development site. I'm not sure how this translates to ending support for CDMA though.

Makes me wonder why CDMA carriers require the APK to be signed w/ their keys. Why wouldn't the GSM carriers do the same thing?Probably because it's a stupid idea to have the iPhone disable cellular access if the keys don't match. What also doesn't make sense is that the Sprint Android phones have been hacked quite a bit, so this apparently doesn't apply to them? So if that's true, it's a Verizon only feature .

This gives me even less of a cause to acquire the Verizon Galaxy Nexus currently. out-of-date PowerVR chipset, this is no microSD card support on the device , no USB mass storage, and at this time there's a possibility that Google might no longer support the handset ? Well, I'm looking to purchase the Galaxy S III even more now.

This is the reason why you required to just root as well as make use of custom ROMs . I really love this device and the rom I m using with it. To many people they wouldn't recognize what's going on. however I'm certain there is a motive for this. As of at the moment there isn't at all word from Google so its w.e.

You do understand that they contain archived the stock LTE images as well as have renowned that they are currently just reference only This make us to consider that Google itself will no longer be give stock images for latest ICS versions. Why must they while the existing ones is archived?

Updates will be given. The No longer allowing for the CMDA Galaxy Nexus a "developer phone" do not say that the Google isn't going to give OTA updates.