Thread: AT&T and Blackberry Bold 9900: NFC not loaded, it will provided in OS.440

AT&T and Blackberry Bold 9900: NFC not loaded, it will provided in OS.440

As the title saying what I am looking to discuss over here. Well I am using Blackberry 9900 handset powered by AT & T. I came to know that NFC has been not loaded on OS .440. if you are having any comments then post over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: AT&T and Blackberry Bold 9900: NFC not loaded, it will provided in OS.440

Well I am sure about NFC is supposed to provided with AT&T Blackberry 9900 through the OS update in near feature. You should not forget that VZW 9930 was also launched with NFC disabled. It was enabled with OS updates. Carriers are also having big points to purchase NFC. They are having capability to control some aspect of the technology to get return on investment. You can access to NFC Smart Tag for free when they are not attached with the mobile payment system. however I will be bit surprised if carriers would not charge anything to use specific aspect of NFC in terms of mobile payment. There hardware is available to do the same but it just needed to enable on the phone.

I could not found the reason why people are so unhappy with AT&T while restricting NFC. There is no app available for RIM to make it useful. Even there are no 3rd party exist. It is quite useless feature.

I agree that NFC Launcher useless feature. One has to purchase the app and after that purchase the tags and giving it a purposed. I really hate. I cannot press the dial button to call someone rather I would get NFC to do the same for me.

The above mentioned feature would be useless for you but it is not for me. This particular feature is useful when I am driving and I wanted to call someone. Simply tap on Tag and activate the voice dialing. There would be no risk of live while driving at the time of calling someone by using voice dialing.

I don’t want to do any argument how this particular app is useful or useless to someone. But I think it would distract you when you are looking on the phone of yours in order to tap and tag. If you are safely minded then you should make use of head set or car speaker to use the same while driving and using the voice dialing feature. So according to me NFC tag is supposed to be useless feature.

We will not get NFC through the OS update rather we can expect it will be available through the service book once any user has paid for privilege in order to make use of NFC. The main difference would be that if you load latest version of OS on AT&T 9900 then NFC would not get enabled. When Verizon 9930 was released in the past then any OD from any carrier would enabled the same. I am suspecting that AT&T has blocked through service book rather tweaking OS installed on the device. That is the point AT&T to make user to paid to enable NFC in nearby future.
    Varizon is not having any issue while providing NFC capabilities for free of charge and I am expecting all the carriers should provide the same.

As far as I know there are other carriers available in the market who has enabled NFC on 99XX mobile phone. It does not mean that they would not begin charging users to take benefit of NFC. I am wondering that AT & T has started to look into the matter more closely. But don’t hope that other carriers would not provide NFC for free.
    So far no one is aware of whether AT&T will enabled NFC. All the carries would begin to charge NFC then all the carriers would take the advantage of the technology. I searched on the Google and figured out that large number of carriers has started to invest large amount of money in NFC. They will not provide anything for free.

How could you say that NFC would be controlled by service book? I don’t agree at all it will not be controller by service book.

NFC is enabled on Verizon through the latest version of OS release hence it is proven that Verizon is not having any issue with NFC. If any carriers started to paid NFC then I would not use this particular feature by any more.