Thread: Switched from Motorola droid to Galaxy Nexus

Switched from Motorola droid to Galaxy Nexus

As Samsung and Google came up with the new Smartphone named galaxy nexus, so bought the Smartphone last week after using the phone what I feel that rather switching to galaxy nexus from Motorola droid I should have preferred buying droid 3. Reason why I am telling is this because I have been using the touch smart phone with the qwerty keypad which was easy for typing message but as there is no physical keypad for typing I felt that I would get use to it but still I would prefer buying droid 3. So what are your opinions for the galaxy nexus.

Re: Switched from Motorola droid to Galaxy Nexus

It was never mentioned that this phone will have physical keypad, so I guess you should have gone through the specification before buying the phone will it be comfortable to use or not.

Even I feel the same after using the blackberry Smartphone it becomes difficult to type on the screen with touch. So after using this phone what I feel that people who have been using the phone with the qwerty keypad will find tough to type on the screen with touch. So I would like to say to those who are switching from any physical keyboard to touch screen phone for them think twice before buying the touch screen phone because it becomes difficult for typing after using the physical keyboard.

I don’t agree with you as previously I was using phone with the physical keyboard and now it has been six months using the touch screen phone and recently bought the galaxy nexus one.

As using the Samsung galaxy nexus Smartphone I would say that this phone is fast and also the best thing which I was waiting for is the android 4.0 IceCream Sandwich. So according to me this phone is just awesum to use.

Using touch screen Smartphone is easy and it sensitivity to go through any functions is smooth but when it comes to typing, I must say that it is toughest thing to do because when you type with the physical keyboard it becomes easy and typing done is very quick. But when you type in the touch screen phones first thing typing with the virtual keyboard becomes very uneasy as when typing the letter it mistakenly another letter gets typed which is really frustrating.

Another thing is that typing using the virtual keyboard speed gets decreased, so I must say that it would be better if you had bought Motorola Droid instead of Galaxy Nexus.

If you people have the typing problem using the virtual keypad then Samsung galaxy nexus has in-built feature of the swype technology for which you have o just scroll the letter using the virtual keypad. Doing this it makes typing faster and also is easy then typing it on the physical keypad.